11.28.2007

Confession Time

Well, Johnny Depp has this new movie coming out which looks amazing! It is called "Sweeney Todd." I can't wait to see it. I mean who can resist Johnny Depp? Anyway, without giving away too much, its about revenge. Which has gotten me to thinking...

Have you ever gotten revenge on someone who has wronged you? What did you do? Do you feel guilty about it? Or maybe a little proud? Either way, do you feel the need to let others know about it...even anonymously?

Well, then you should "Confess to the Demon Barber!" Watch the trailer for the movie and you'll understand what that means. If you're proud (and brave) of your revenge story, you can post a video confession! Its great! You can explain your side of the story about why this person deserved what you did to them and then discuss in detail what you did to pay them back.

All this talk of revenge got me thinking about when I got revenge on someone. Honestly, I don't have that great of a story - but its still been making me feel guilty for years! When I was in college, one of my roommates totally hit on my boyfriend in front of me! It made me furious! On top of that, she would always wear skimpy clothing around the apartment when he was there, and wouldn't let us have any time to ourselves. If we were in my room, she would find some excuse to knock on the door every three minutes. It became ridiculous. So, it started by me just dipping her toothbrush in the toilet a couple times. I told my best friend (who was another one of my roomies at the time), and she was convinced this was not nearly enough. She helped me set up "blind date" with one of our classmates. Little did my other roomie know that we had set it up to be the worst date ever imaginable. He took her to a cheap, yucky restaurant, spilled spaghetti sauce on her, "locked" his keys in his car (in January!), and a whole bunch of other stuff.

See why I feel guilty? I feel like it was such a junior high type of thing to do. You can create your own confession also! Its really therapuetic!

I encourage you to check out this movie when its released and then tell me what you think of it! I'm very much looking forward to seeing it.

To get more information, visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace or visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site.





No comments: