11.10.2007

The Mist

I love scary movies! Love them. I don't know what it is exactly, but I love the suspense, I think. And, I just found out that The Mist by Stephen King will be in theaters November 21st. Check out the website and watch the trailers for it.

Its about these people stuck in a fog and how people who had previously been friends and neighbors become each others' biggest threats. That got me thinking about last summer when my husband and I got stuck in a very bad thunderstorm as it got dark. We were driving home on a winding mountain road and it was raining so hard we had to pull off to the side. The thunder was making our car shake. I kept thinking about how we couldn't see what was out there. I was so scared that something was going to come up and try to get in our car or try to hurt us. I was convinced that every little sound I heard was someone sneaking up on our car. When headlights would go by I was so scared the car would run right into us because there is no way they could really see anything. I got so freaked out we even tried to drive away. We were only able to go like 5 miles an hour! But, I wouldn't let my husband pull over again. It took us over 3 hours to get home! It should have been about 30 minutes!

So my story is not as scary as The Mist, thank goodness! I don't know if I could handle it! I know I'm going to see it on November 21!


No comments: