9.18.2007

Business Card Scanner

My dad is a realtor. Real estate is all about networking. On my dad's desk there is a pile of approximately 46,879 business cards. It drives my mom crazy and really is such a clutter. So I could really see how he could use a business card scanner.

This type of scanner works with Microsoft Outlook. You scan a business card and it automatically creates a new contact with all their information. Scan2Contacts is easy to use, too. You just scan the card, wait for it to pop up, and then either edit or save the information. Its the only business card scanning package that does not require cards to be scanned into another application before the information can be transferred to Outlook. Think of all the time you could save by not having to enter each card's information manually into the computer!

It only weights 7.4 ounces and connects via an USB, so no external power is required.

I could see many applications for a business card scanner! People who travel a lot would probably find it pretty useful. I always lose track of small things like cards when traveling, so it sure would be handy to have a laptop with a business card scanner!

I think I know what will be under the Christmas tree for my dad this year!

No comments: